To replace the drive belt on an Ariens zero turn mower, first loosen the tension on the old belt by loosening the adjustment bolt. Next, remove the old belt and clean any debris from the pulleys. Install the new belt onto the pulleys, making sure it is properly aligned.
Finally, tighten the adjustment bolt to secure the new belt in place.
- Park the mower on a level surface and turn off the engine
- Remove the spark plug to prevent accidental starting while working on the mower
- Disconnect the battery if possible
- Use a socket wrench to remove the bolts that hold the deck in place
- Lift up on the deck to access the drive belt beneath it
- Release any tension on the drive belt by moving pulleys out of the way as needed
- 7 Remove old drive belt and replace with new one, routing it according to manufacturer’s instructions
- 8 Reattach deck and reconnect battery or spark plug, whichever was removed first
How to Change an Ariens® IKON XD Hydro Drive Belt | Ariens
How Do You Change a Drive Belt on an Ariens Lawn Mower?
Assuming you have an Ariens lawn mower with a Briggs & Stratton engine, here are the steps to changing the drive belt:
1. Park your Ariens lawn mower on a level surface and turn off the engine. Disconnect the spark plug wire from the spark plug to prevent accidental starting while you’re working.
2. Remove the deck by loosening the bolts that hold it in place (usually four). You may have to remove a few other parts first, depending on your model, but consult your owner’s manual for specific instructions. 3. Once the deck is removed, locate the drive belt and pulleys.
The drive belt will be running around all of the pulleys. 4. Begin by removing any debris or grass that may be caught in or around the pulleys – this will make it easier to work with them later on. Then, using a socket wrench, loosen and remove the bolts that hold the pulleys in place (again, there may be more than one).
Be careful not to lose any of the washers or spacers that may be between each bolt and pulley as you remove them! 5. With all of the bolts removed, you should now be able to slide off of all of Pulleys except for one – this final pulley is attached to The crankshaft Of The Engine And cannot Be Removed without first disconnecting The engine from its power source (usually done by disconnecting The battery). Again, consult your owner’s manual if you’re unsure how to do this step.
6 Slide Off Final Drive Belt Pulley And Remove Old Drive Belt From All Remaining Pulleys !!! At This Point You May Also Choose To Replace Any Damaged Or Worn Out Idler Or Deck Rollers If Needed !!
How Do You Put a Drive Belt on a Ariens Apex 52?
Ariens is a snow blower company that makes many different models of snow blowers. The Ariens Apex 52 is a model of snow blower that has a drive belt. The drive belt helps to power the auger, which is the part of the snow blower that moves the snow.
Putting a drive belt on an Ariens Apex 52 snow blower is not difficult, but it does require some basic knowledge about how belts work and are put on. The first thing you need to do is locate the two pulleys that the belt will go around. One pulley will be attached to the engine, while the other pulley will be attached to the auger.
Once you have located both pulleys, you need to thread the belt around both pulleys in a specific way. The belt needs to go around the engine pulley first, and then thread underneath itself. After that, thread the belt over top ofthe auger puley.
Once again, threadthe belt underneath itself before finally putting it back overtop ofthe enginepulley. Make sure thatthebeltis tightbypullingonit with your hands – it should be snugbutnot too tight. You don’t wantto overtightenorundertightenthebelt, asthis can cause problemswiththesnowblower’sperformance or damage parts overyoungstretchingoutthelifeofthebelt prematurely.
How Do You Change the Belt on an Ariens Edge 52?
If you need to replace the drive belt on your Ariens Edge 52 lawn mower, here’s how to do it. First, disconnect the spark plug wire from the spark plug. Then, remove the deck by loosening the four bolts that hold it in place.
Next, remove the old drive belt from the pulleys. To do this, first loosen the tensioner pulley bolt with a wrench. Then, slip the old belt off of the pulleys and discard it.
Now, it’s time to install the new belt. Start by threading it around all of the pulleys except for the tensioner pulley. Then, pull on the belt until there is about an inch of slack before inserting it onto the tensioner pulley.
How Do You Adjust the Belt Tension on a Ariens Lawn Mower?
If you have an Ariens lawn mower, it’s important to keep the belt tension adjusted. If the belt is too loose, it can slip and cause the mower to lose power. If the belt is too tight, it can wear out prematurely.
To adjust the belt tension on an Ariens lawn mower, first locate the adjustment bolt near the center of the deck. Next, loosen the locking nut with a wrench. Then, turn the adjustment bolt clockwise to tighten the belt or counterclockwise to loosen it.
Once you’ve achieved the desired tension, retighten the locking nut.
How to Replace Drive Belt on Ariens Riding Mower
If the engine on your Ariens riding mower is running but the wheels aren’t moving, chances are the drive belt has broken. Replacing the drive belt is a relatively simple task that you can do yourself in about an hour. Here’s how:
1. Park your mower on a level surface and turn off the engine. Remove the key from the ignition to prevent accidental starting. 2. Disengage the blade by pulling up on the disengage lever located under the seat.
3. Raise the deck of your mower by depressing the deck lift pedal located just behind and to the left of your right footrest (if you’re standing in front of the mower). The deck should raise easily; if it doesn’t, check to make sure there’s nothing blocking it from moving freely. 4. Once the deck is raised, locate and remove any debris that may be caught around or under it (such as sticks, leaves, or grass clippings).
This will give you better access to work on replacing the drive belt later on. 5. Locate two spring-loaded idler pulleys near wherethe deck was restingon ground; these supportthe tensionof thenewdrivebeltthatyou’ll beinstallingin a moment . There may also be an additionalidlerpulleyor two further backtowardsthe engine–removethese as well .
You’ll needa 3/8″ socket wrenchto loosenand removethe boltsholding thesepulleysin place . Set all three idlers aside for now . 6 Withalloftheidlersremoved , slowly lowerthedeck backdown intoplace beingcarefulto notletit fall too quickly which could damage something elseonmower(particularly ifyouhavean older model) .
7 Now wouldbeagood timeto take amomentand vacuumoutanydebrisor grassclippingsfromunderneaththedeckas well asthespacebetweenwheretheidlerswerepreviouslyinstalled soeverythingis cleanand readyfor whenyou put it allbacktogetheragain lateron .
If you’re like most people, you probably don’t think about your drive belt very often. But if you have an Ariens zero turn mower, it’s important to keep an eye on this crucial component. The drive belt is responsible for transferring power from the engine to the wheels, so if it breaks or wears out, your mower won’t be going anywhere.
Fortunately, replacing the drive belt is a relatively easy process that anyone can do with a few basic tools. To start, you’ll need to park your mower on a level surface and disconnect the spark plug wire to prevent the engine from accidentally starting. Next, use a socket wrench to remove the bolts that hold the deck in place.
Once the deck is removed, you should be able to see the drive belt. To release the old belt, simply loosen the tensioner pulley and slip it off of the pulleys. Then thread the new belt through all of the pulleys and tighten everything back up again.
That’s all there is to it! With just a little time and effort, you can easily replace your Ariens zero turn mower’s drive belt yourself – no need to call in a professional or take it into a shop.