To change the blades on a Kubota mower deck, first disconnect the spark plug wire. Then, remove the bolts that hold the blade in place. Next, install the new blade and tighten the bolts.
Finally, reconnect the spark plug wire and start the engine to test the new blade.
- Park the Kubota mower deck on a level surface and engage the parking brake
- Raise the deck to its highest position using the deck height adjustment lever
- Remove the belt cover by unscrewing the four bolts that secure it to the deck with a socket wrench
- Inspect the blades for damage and replace them if necessary
- Sharpen or replace dull blades as needed
- Reattach the belt cover and lower the deck to its lowest position before resuming mowing operations
Time to change the blades. Kubota 60" mower deck blade Removal & replacement.
What Size is the Bolt for Kubota Blades?
Kubota blades come in a variety of sizes, each with its own corresponding bolt size. The most common blade sizes are 18″, 21″, and 24″. The bolt size for each of these sizes is as follows:
18″: 1/2″ 21″: 9/16″
How Do You Take the Blades off of a Mower Deck?
Assuming you’re talking about a lawnmower:
Most lawnmowers have a deck that can be removed for cleaning or replacement. To remove the deck, first take off the discharge chute.
On many mowers, this will simply snap off. Next, loosen the bolts that hold the deck on. These are typically located at the front and rear of the deck.
Once the bolts are loose, you should be able to lift the deck off of the mower.
How Do I Change the Blade on My Deck?
One of the most important parts of maintaining your deck is keeping the blades sharp. Over time, the blades on your deck will become dull and will need to be replaced. Here are the steps you need to take to change the blade on your deck:
1. Begin by removing the old blade from the deck. Use a wrench to loosen the bolt that holds it in place. Once it is loose, carefully remove the blade and set it aside.
2. Take the new blade and position it so that it lines up with the bolt holes on the deck. Insert the bolts through the holes and tighten them down using a wrench. Be sure not to overtighten as this could damage the threads on the bolts or strip them entirely.
3. With both hands, hold onto each end of the new blade and give it a good firm shake side-to-side until you feel it is properly seated in place. 4. Test out your new blade by starting up your deck and running it over some grass or other vegetation. If everything seems to be working properly, congratulations!
You have successfully changed the blade on your deck!
How Do You Tighten the Blades on a Kubota Zero Turn?
There are a few different ways to tighten the blades on a Kubota zero turn mower. The first way is to use a ratchet and socket. You’ll need to remove the blade bolts and then retighten them using the ratchet and socket.
The second way is to use a spanner wrench. This method is similar to the first, but you’ll use a spanner wrench instead of a ratchet and socket. The third way is to use an impact gun.
This method is quicker and easier than the other two, but it does require more equipment. To use an impact gun, you’ll need to remove the blade bolts and then put the impact gun on the bolt head and turn it clockwise until tight.
How to Change Blades on Kubota Zero Turn
Kubota Zero Turn mowers are designed for those who demand the very best in lawn care. With their sleek design and powerful engines, these mowers can make quick work of any lawn. But like all machinery, they require regular maintenance to keep them running at their best.
One of the most important maintenance tasks is changing the blades. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
Be sure to disconnect the spark plug wire before beginning any work on the mower. 2. Raise the deck of the mower using the deck lift lever. This will give you access to the blades.
3. Use a wrench to loosen and remove the blade bolts (there are usually two). You may need to use a socket wrench or an impact wrench if the bolts are particularly tight. 4a) For standard blades, simply pull them off of the spindle and replace them with new ones.
Make sure that they are installed correctly by lining up the bolt holes with those on the spindle shafts. Do not overtighten!
If you own a Kubota tractor with a mower deck, sooner or later you will need to change the blades. This is not a difficult task, but there are a few things you need to know before you get started. First, be sure to disconnect the spark plug wire from the spark plug so that the engine cannot start accidentally while you are working on it.
Next, raise the mower deck all the way up so that you have plenty of room to work. Then remove the bolts that hold the blade in place and carefully remove the old blade. Be careful not to damage the blade spindle when removing or installing the new blade.
Once the new blade is in place, tighten down the bolts and lower the mower deck back down. That’s all there is to it!