You will need:
¼ cup sugar, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, ½ teaspoon boric acid or Borax (optional), water, a small container with a lid, and something to poke holes in the lid (a nail works well).
1. Combine the sugar, cornstarch, and boric acid or Borax in the container.
Add enough water to make a paste. 2. Poke holes in the lid of the container. The ants will be able to get into the trap, but not back out.
3. Place the trap near where you’ve seen ants.
- Collect materials: You will need a 2-liter soda bottle, sugar, water, and a knife
- Cut the bottle in half: Use the knife to cut the 2-liter soda bottle in half
- Mix sugar and water: In one of the halves of the bottle, mix together 1/4 cup of sugar and 1/4 cup of water
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved
- Add bait to the mixture: Place a small piece of food (such as a grape or piece of bread) into the sugary water mixture
- Place the other half of the bottle on top: Flip over the other half of the 2-liter bottle and place it on top of the first half (upside down)
- Make sure that there is no gap between them so that ants can’t get inside
- Wait for ants to enter: Leave your ant trap out for 24 hours before checking it to see if any ants have been caught
Homemade Ant Trap Without Borax Reddit
Borax is a naturally-occurring mineral that has been used for centuries as a cleaning agent and insecticide. Despite its many uses, borax is relatively unknown to most people. That’s because it’s not often used in household products anymore, due to its potential toxicity.
Despite its toxicity, borax is still used in many ant traps. The reason for this is that ants are attracted to the sweet taste of borax, which they then take back to their nests and share with the rest of the colony. This eventually kills the entire colony.
If you’re looking for a way to get rid of ants without using borax, there are several homemade ant trap recipes that you can try. One popular recipe uses equal parts sugar and baking soda. The sugar attracts the ants, while the baking soda kills them.
To make this trap, simply mix together equal parts sugar and baking soda and place it in a shallow dish near where you’ve seen ants activity. You can also add a drop or two of essential oil to help mask the smell of the sugar.
Homemade Ant Trap Dish Soap
If you have ants in your home, you can get rid of them with a simple homemade ant trap. All you need is dish soap and a container. Fill the container with about an inch of dish soap, and set it out where the ants are coming from.
The ants will be attracted to the soap and climb in, but they won’t be able to get back out. They will eventually drown in the soap. You can dispose of the dead ants and reset the trap as needed.
Diy Ant Trap Baking Soda
Looking for a simple, effective way to get rid of ants? Try this DIY ant trap made with baking soda!
1/2 cup sugar 1/2 cup water 1 tablespoon baking soda
Instructions: 1. Combine the sugar and water in a small bowl or container. 2. Stir in the baking soda until it’s dissolved.
3. Place the mixture where you’ve seen ants and wait for them to take the bait!
Diy Ant Traps
Looking for a cheap and easy way to get rid of ants? Try making your own ant traps! All you need is a small container, some sugar, and some borax.
Simply mix the sugar and borax together in the container, then place it where you’ve seen ants. The ants will be attracted to the sugar and crawl into the container to get it. But when they try to crawl back out, they’ll be coated in the borax and die.
Diy Ant Trap Borax
If you’re looking for a cheap and easy way to get rid of ants, Borax is your best bet. This naturally-occurring mineral can be found in most hardware stores, and it’s very effective at killing ants. However, it’s also poisonous to humans and pets, so you need to be careful when using it.
To make a Borax ant trap, mix equal parts of sugar and Borax together. Then put the mixture into a small container with some holes punched in the lid. Place the container near where you’ve seen ants, and they’ll be drawn to the sugar and eventually die after eating the Borax.
Be sure to keep children and pets away from the area where you’ve placed the trap, as they could easily ingest the poison if they got into it. If you have any concerns about using Borax, consult with a pest control professional before proceeding.
What is the Best Homemade Ant Trap?
When it comes to getting rid of ants, there are a lot of methods out there. But if you’re looking for a homemade ant trap that is both effective and easy to make, then this is the one for you.
-1/4 cup sugar -1/4 cup water -2 tablespoons borax powder
What Can I Use Instead of Borax to Kill Ants?
There are a few things that you can use in place of borax to kill ants. One option is to use a mixture of sugar and baking soda. Another option is to make a paste out of flour and water.
You can also try using white vinegar or lemon juice.
How Do You Make an Easy Ant Trap?
If you have ants in your home, you may be wondering how to get rid of them. One way to do this is to make an ant trap. Ant traps are easy to make and can be very effective at getting rid of ants.
Here is how you can make an easy ant trap: 1. Find a container that has a lid and is big enough for the ants to get into. A peanut butter jar or soda bottle works well for this.
2. Cut a small hole in the lid of the container. The size of the hole should be just big enough for the ants to fit through. 3. Mix together some sugar and water in a bowl, then pour it into the container so that it fills up about halfway.
4. Place the container near where you’ve seen the ants and wait for them to find it! Once they start crawling in, they won’t be able to escape and will eventually drown in the sugar water mixture.
How Do I Get Rid of Ants Overnight Without Borax?
If you want to get rid of ants quickly and without using borax, there are a few things you can do. First, make sure that your kitchen is clean and free of crumbs or other food sources that might attract ants. Second, try using an ant baiting system like Terro Ant Bait stations.
These devices lure ants in with a sweet liquid and then kill them when they consume it. Finally, you can also try spraying a perimeter around your home with an insecticide like Ortho Home Defense Max Insect Killer.
DIY ANT TRAP THAT WORKS! PROOF!
If you’re looking for a way to get rid of ants without using borax, this blog post is for you. The author provides step-by-step instructions for making an ant trap out of a plastic soda bottle. You’ll need some sugar, water, and dish soap to get started.
Once the mixture is complete, all you have to do is set it out where the ants are coming in and wait for them to take the bait.